vinayak bhagwat bangalore karnataka India

Saturday, September 30, 2006

It was not the case earlier ….

Recently I have been to my native Kumta for my cousins wedding . As usual I was walking on the way to beautiful sea shore which is located at a throw away distance from my cousins home .

While on the way I met Shivu the farmer from my village ...we were talking about Rain atterns ….

My place is located on the foot hills of western ghats on one side and on other side the

Arabean sea . So normally there is no shortage of rain fall in my place .

I asked Shivu regarding rain this time and about his crops status …

He said in recent years there is serious change in the pattern of rain fall …

He said, rain pattern is changing each year and that in “ july and august there used to be lot of rain fall " …but now days it is not the case …


He said …this year there was shortage of rain fall during seeding …

And he also observed that …. Now there is no consistency in rail fall ... few days

There wont be any rain and next few days ....it will be like a cloud burst …

Overall it is now like this : “ Intensity of rain fall increased many folds and duration of rain fall reduced drastically …”


Is that “ perils of prosperity “ ??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home